Terms and Conditions
- Flights are subject to weather conditions. It is the voucher holder, student or pilot's responsibility to phone on the day of the flight booking to confirm that weather conditions are suitable for the flight. If your flight is cancelled due to weather you will be able to re-book.
- Flights are subject to weather conditions, aircraft serviceability and staff availability. As a result flights are subject to cancellation at short notice. Flynqy Pilot Training will not be held responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled.
- Flynqy Pilot Training reserves the right to refuse entry onto an aircraft to any person that the Instructor, as Captain of the aircraft, deems unfit to fly.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers neither the owner/operator can be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- A fuel surcharge may be applicable at the point of booking if the price of aviation fuel is affected by EU Tax Regulations or any other significant price increase.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, 48 hours notice must be given to Flynqy Pilot Training if you intend to cancel your flight. Last minute cancellations, no shows and repeated cancellations may be charged. To make more efficient use of our aircraft and instructors pilots and students are asked to ensure that they arrive at the flying school in sufficient time to plan and prepare their flight and depart at the booked time.
- All credit card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge. There will be no additional charge for debit cards. A minimum transaction value of £10 is required to pay by debit card. Please note that American Express cards cannot be accepted. Bank transfers are acceptable, however please note that customers are responsible for all bank charges and any levied to Flynqy Pilot Training will be recharged to the customer. For Bank Transfer please ensure that a clear reference if made with regards to Surname/Account Number.
- If a customer has any reason to make a complaint about the flying training they have received then they should firstly discuss the complaint with their instructor. If the complaint cannot be resolved then the matter will be referred to the Chief Flying Instructor. If the customer is still unsatisfied with the response then the matter will be referred to the Managing Director.
- If a customer has any reason to make a complaint about the general service they have received, and their complaint cannot be resolved at the time, then full details of the complaint should be sent to the Operations Manager. If the customer is still unsatisfied with the response then the matter will be referred to the Managing Director.
- All prices quoted include VAT and are correct at the time of publication. We reserve the right to increase the prices without notice.
- Where chargeable Value Added Tax will be charged at the rate applicable at the date of dispatch, cash settlements discount is not available on Value Added Tax.
- The rights and obligations of the parties and all the terms and conditions hereof and any disputes arising out thereof shall be construed in accordance with English law and jurisdiction of the courts of which the purchaser shall submit.
Trial Flight Experiences and Starter Packages
- A minimum age of 8 years is required for all Trial Flight Experiences.
- A minimum age of 14 years is required for all Starter Packages.
- Each Flight Experience voucher has a unique voucher number which must be quoted when contacting Flynqy Pilot Training. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and expiry dates will be printed on the voucher. You must use the voucher before the expiry date printed on the voucher or the voucher will cease to be valid.
- Each Starter Package voucher has a unique voucher number which must be quoted when contacting Flynqy Pilot Training. Each Starter Package contains three one hour flying lessons. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and expiry dates will be printed on the voucher. You must complete all three flights before the expiry date printed on the voucher or the voucher will cease to be valid.
- Trial Flight Experiences, Starter Packages and flight deposits are non refundable. Although we are sympathetic to customers who are cancelled or rescheduled due to weather or for other reasons beyond our control, we are unable to grant refunds. We accept no liability for any costs incurred (eg transport, accommodation, insurace an days taken off work etc) when flying has to be cancelled. With this in mind however, we may occasionally offer free voucher extensions or refunds in exceptional circumstances. Where refunds are granted an administration charge of £25 will be deducted from the original transaction value.
- Starter Packages are strictly limited to one package per customer. Once completed, if a customer wishes to proceed with training they will need to move to our Pay As You Go or Advanced Payment Schemes.
- Trial Flight Experience and Starter Package vouchers are transferable providing that Flynqy Pilot Training is informed of the name of the new recipient prior to the flight being booked.
- We can extend your voucher for six months for a £40 fee as long as you contact us whilst it is still valid. Unfortunately we cannot fly you if your voucher has expired (without your voucher being extended).
- Weight and medical restrictions apply. If you have any concerns with regards to the health, age, height or weight of the recipient, please make these known on purchasing the voucher. Please contact us before purchasing a voucher if the intended recipient is over 14.2stone / 90kg.
- All quoted flight times are approximate and may vary either way on the day of the flight due to operational procedures. All quoted flight times are inclusive of taxiing time prior to take off and after landing, but does not include the pre or post flight briefing. Please allow a maximum of two hours for the entire Trial Flight Experience.
Flight Training and Private Aircraft Hire
- Training purchased through the Flight Training Pre-Payment Scheme is non refundable and non transferrable. Discounts provided by using the Flight Training Pre-Payment Scheme are only redeemable when pre payment funds remain in credit over £300.00.
- Account credit added through the pre-payment scheme is valid for use for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase. All pre-payment accounts will have annual membership automatically deducted on the 01st April each year.
- It is a requirement that all pilots and students sign the Operations Manual to confirm that the terms of operation at Flynqy Pilot Training have been read, understood and adhered to on an annual basis or when changes have been made which ever come sooner.
- Flights are charged as airborne time plus 10 minutes (5 minutes prior to take off and 5 minutes after landing. It is the Pilot in Commands responsibility to correctly record the take off and landing time for each flight. Period checks will be made with Air Traffic Control and any pilot found to be making a false claim will be subject to a charge of the difference plus an administration charge.
- Fuel uplifts made by customers away from our Newquay Cornwall Airport base may be reclaimed. Please note that Flynqy Pilot Training will only refund fuel at a cost equal to or less than that of the fuel cost at Newquay Cornwall Airport at the time of purchase.
Plymouth Flying School Ltd t/a Flynqy Pilot Training,
Newquay Cornwall Airport,
5F South Hams Business Park,
Company Registration Number: GB-5654333
VAT NO: 874178783
Directors: Lothar Berger & Doris R. Hanf